Friday, October 7, 2016

Shubho Shashti ......



Hello everybody !!!


Thank you for your comments and sharing your experiences with me & encouraging me to move on.. It also made me realise that I am not the only one.......

Durga Puja festivities has begun & today's shashti. Tomorrow onwards puja with start at full swing. For me Durga puja is synonymous for khichuri bhog, bangla music & pandal hopping.....

Inspired by the spirit of this festival I painted Maa Durga in mithila art form. This time I have attempted something different and have used two colours only i.e red & black. The original plan was to go with monochrome (as I had mentioned in my previous blog post), but then I changed my mind and decided to incorporate red color also :)) Earlier I had sketched a more colourful goddess durga with coloured pencil (see HERE) .











I hope you like my interpretation. 

Once the puja celebrations are over I plan to complete my crochet wips. I also plan to brush up my painting skills on fabric. What are yours ??:)


Moushumi






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting !!!
    Happy festival !!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting of lord durga..nice idea of using 2 colors..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lavina:) U r so encouraging... always :))

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...